Saturday, September 11, 2010

A week of memories

Well, it was a busy week.  I had a family cook out, I assisted on a wedding shoot, I made a new friend, I had a play date,  we went on a field trip to a chocolate factory, Amber began her first official school year and lost her first tooth, Hailey crocheted her daddy a hat and Ella went a week without TV or computer!  Oh and I learned how to use Skype! Thank God for technology...I can now see my husband. It was a good week, but honestly  I was tired, worn out and feeling sorry for myself , but God always knows how to put things into perspective.  At the end of the week I visited my Nana who is in the early stages of Alzheimer, but progressing rather quickly.  Although it is hard and she is often times frightened, she is very funny and can laugh at herself most of the time.  She made me realize it is not what you take out of this world, it is what you leave behind that matters.  She may be forgetting this world, but this world will not forget her.  She has not lost her memories, because I know right where they are...her husband, her children, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren are holding on to them for her.

"He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much."   ----Bessie Stanley

                                                             Memories of the week past....

                                                                Hard at work


                                                        Amber showing off her missing tooth


5 bucks!  I only got 25 cents from the tooth fairly.


                                            
                                         Hailey's latest goal accomplished.Learn how to crochet
                                         and make daddy a hat.
                                        

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment